Note: This live demo has already occurred. Sign up to view the slides and recording.
Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Time: 10am PDT / 17:00 UTC
Container registries such as DockerHub have made container application development much easier, but they have introduced another problem: how do you know downloaded images are production-ready and secure? To solve this problem, private registries such as Harbor enable your developers to get the benefits of pre-defined images while enabling you to designate what images can be used.
In this webinar, Mirantis Senior Deployment Engineer Petr Ruzicka will provide an introduction to what these registries are and how they work, providing a live demo so you can have a real feel for the technology. Attendees will learn:
- What a container registry is and how to use them to control code deployment
- Ways in which registries impact the development cycle
- How to use Access Control in the Harbor container registry
- Replication and scaling of container registries
- Increasing application safety using vulnerability scanning and image signing
- Using Helm charts in Harbor
Sr. Deployment Engineer
Petr is a Sr. Deployment Engineer at Mirantis, working directly with customers to install/upgrade, test and integrate open cloud software. He is based in Prague.