Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Time: 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 17:00 UTC
Note: This webinar has already occurred. Sign up to view the slides and recording.
With "cloud native" becoming table stakes in the application building market, never before has it been so critical to be able to easily control your traffic. And not just within your data center, but also between data centers and even providers, enabling you to ensure your application remains online and usable even in the face of the inevitable problem.
In this live demo, Mirantis deployment engineer Ramon Melero and senior solutions architect Bruce Basil Matthews will show you:
- The concepts behind service meshes and how they work to enable fine-grained traffic control
- How to use Istio to enable a multi-cluster application
- Methods for achieving load balancing by easily moving traffic across clusters
- How to avoid latency and other issues by using Istio to scale clusters in the event of traffic spikes
- How to prevent application downtime by creating a circuit breaker to let one cluster take over if another fails
Can't make it on Tuesday? Sign up anyway, and we'll send you the recording.
Ramon is a Deployment Engineer at Mirantis, working directly with customers to install/upgrade, test and integrate open cloud software. Previously, he was a Linux Platform Engineer at IPsoft and served in various Data Center and Sysadmin roles at Data Foundry.
Bruce has been a Senior Solutions Architect in the computer industry for 40+ years, working at multiple technology companies including Mirantis, HP, Oracle, Sun Microsystems and others.