You’re probably in a room with at least a dozen objects that are connected to the internet. And if you’re not, it won’t be long before you are. All that connectivity, and all of those devices, require a new way of thinking about cloud infrastructure, and that new way is called Edge Computing.
But creating effective edge computing infrastructure requires much more than just creating a bunch of small-footprint clouds and connecting them to a central core.
Join Mirantis Director of Engineering Satish Salagame for an in-depth technical discussion of:
- What edge computing actually is and why it matters
- How edge enables 5G and why your phone might already be using it
- Why traditional enterprises may find themselves needing edge computing
- Which open source technologies are involved in making edge computing possible
- How Kubernetes fits into the Edge Cloud architecture
- Technological issues you must resolve in order to successfully implement edge computing
This presentation was part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation webinar series.
Original Broadcast: September 18, 2018
- Satish Salagame, Director of Engineering - Networking, Mirantis