Large organizations don't have the luxury of authorizing new IT initiatives without carefully thinking things through; as much as businesses rely on data, there are good reasons for strict internal compliance requirements mandating data protection and business continuity. One strange side-effect of this reality is that legal teams frequently hold the greatest political power within the organization. So what do you do if you need to start up a new cloud environment?
In this webinar, you will see how a large enterprise was able to meet all of these stringent data protection demands with careful design and appropriate product implementation. After attending this webinar, you'll be able to:
- Design an OpenStack implementation for optimal data protection in order to better protect your complex, distributed OpenStack environment.
- Simplify the design and implementation of your backup and recovery solution by working with the entire environment, and not just the data.
- Identify various ways OpenStack can fail, and how to recover from those failures.
- Use intelligent delivery methods to mitigate large scale issues.
- Enable self-service backup and recovery at the OpenStack tenant level.
You will also see a demo of how Trilio Data and Mirantis work within an OpenStack environment, properly protecting and recovering an OpenStack workload.
Original Broadcast: February 15, 2018
- Artem Andreev, Sr. Systems Architect, Mirantis
- Billy Field, Director Cloud Architector, Trilio